Saturday, August 24, 2019

Soccer

A historic win for Palace - first time beating Man United for a very long time, and finally hitting the back of the net this season.  By all accounts quite lucky - a missed penalty, they probably should have had about 3 more penalties, and a classic smash and grab.  But we'll take it.  But that's not what I want to mention.  I happened to catch some of the Cascadia Cup last night - Seattle vs Portland in MLS, the biggest rivalry in US soccer.  We're not talking high quality football here, but at least there is some passion to this game.  But a certain issue struck me as I was watching.  I took a photo of my TV screen during the game, what do you see?


Yes, that is an awful lot of green.  Seattle in green.  Portland in green.  The surface (maybe artificial?  I know Seattle play on an artificial surface at home) is green.  Very bizarre - surprised they let that happen.  Seattle won by the way - but who cares.


No comments:

Post a Comment