Thursday, August 8, 2019

Comforter-in-Chief

Good for some of the shooting victims in El Paso refusing to meet Trump at his not totally politically-motivated visit.  I think however I would have gone a different route.  If god forbid I was in the same situation, I would’ve requested to meet him 1-1 just so that I could spit in his face and tell him in no uncertain terms what I think of him.  My respect for Beto O’Rourke – the Democratic presidential candidate from El Paso – has also grown more with his statements and actions after the tragedy.  I already liked him before, and I like him even more now – seems like a decent and straight-talking guy (I think his use of some naughty swear words was totally justified) – I don’t think he is experienced enough to win the Democratic nomination this time around, but I do think he will have a bigger role to play in the Democratic party and the government in the years ahead.  As for Trump, what an abomination.  It is one thing to read prepared statements about unity from a teleprompter (statements prepared by someone else I hasten to add) when the real indication of what he thinks can be found in his twitter feed which continues to attack or criticize one thing or another.  He has, and continues to, stoke division and animosity, and I personally think he has blood on his hands.  He maybe the least empathetic person I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment