Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Washington Park Arboretum

As promised, I went for a 3 hour lunchtime walk from work today.  I don’t know how many miles that was, but it feels like quite a lot because my back is aching since coming back (just in time for the work ping pong tournament coming up – I play my Round 1 match on Friday).  I went to the Washington Park Arboretum – in the hope of catching some nice fall colors, but I think I probably missed the best of it.  This is kind of place you could go to a 100 times and never walk the same route - a big park with lots of trails crisscrossing it.  I stuck to a fairly basic route –  along the waterfront and then up and down the main paths through the park – but with so many different areas to explore I probably missed out on the best views and the best photo opportunities.  And just looking at their website, I should have printed out a map of the monthly highlights – oh well, next time I’ll know better (and I think I would like to come back at different times of the year, as it’s a nice place to go – and perhaps I can drive there so that I don’t spend quite so long away from work!).  Just a couple of photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment