Sunday, October 15, 2017

Discovery Park

I went to Saint Edward State Park yesterday, but not worthy of mentioning again since I went there almost a year ago and blogged about it then.  But I will mention Discovery Park, which I went to today - and somewhere I don't think I've been to since moving back to the Seattle area.  It's the biggest park in Seattle - so unsurprisingly also one of the most popular, especially on a sunny day like today.  I got there around 9 am, and the parking lot was already quite full up.  There are plenty of trails there - but I had one picked out from one of my books that totaled about 6 miles.  However, thanks to my utterly useless sense of direction and inability to read a map - I ended up getting lost twice and probably ended up walking closer to 8 miles for over 3 hours.  That's quite a lot, but fortunately it was bearable thanks to the nice views - there is a little bit of elevation change on the trails, but nothing too strenuous (I think I actually suffered more during my much shorter walk yesterday).






No comments:

Post a Comment