Sunday, October 29, 2017

NFL

I've been a fan of American Football a long time before I moved to America.  And although I am still a fan of the game - though probably not as much as I used to be - I am no fan of the NFL organization.  I hate the cover-up of brain injuries.  I hate the predominantly old, white, rich, pro-Trump team owners.  I hate the fact that they blackball a player who takes a knee during the anthem, but a free pass is given to all the players guilty of assault, domestic battery, etc.  I hate the ridiculous schedule that includes long trips to London, meaningless exhibition games, a Thursday night game that doesn't make sense when everyone else plays on Sunday or Monday, and only one bye week per team per season.  I hate that advertising and business interests have slowed the game down even more than it already is.  I hate that they can just take a team away from a city.  I hate the inequality of wealth in the game.  I hate the over emphasis and over-exaggeration of fantasy stats.  I hate that the game just doesn't seem as enjoyable and entertaining to watch as it used to be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment