Thursday, October 10, 2024

Sunset

I made the most of the nice weather and went for a stroll around Lake Union whilst waiting for the evening rush hour to die down, so I could drive home from the office without being stuck in traffic for too long.  For a Thursday - by far the worst day of the week for traffic - it wasn't too bad today.  But I think I know the reason.  The Seattle Seahawks happened to be playing a Thursday night game (which they lost) - so I suspect more people than normal stayed at home or left early today.  Weirdly, there were also problems with accessing our garage so not many people were in the office today (thankfully including my annoying cube neighbo(u)r) - apparently the gate broke this morning, so people were either stuck and not able to get out, or not able to get in and had to find on-street parking nearby (either not easy or not cheap).  Fortunately I wasn't impacted, but that could easily have made what turned into a stressful day even worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment