Friday, October 11, 2024

Aurora Bust

Was outside late last night in the hope of seeing the aurora - the forecast for aurora activity was high, and the skies were relatively cloudless.  Did I see anything?  Did I heck.  This was clearly nowhere near as good as it was that time earlier in the year.  Or perhaps I just happened to miss the peak time for activity.  I think it was the kind of event where you really needed to go somewhere with a much clearer view to the north.  Outside my house is not going to cut it, where the view is hindered by trees.  I did see some photos and videos of the lights taken in various locations in Washington (mainly to the north) - so perhaps I just needed to be more patient.  The aurora was also visible in the UK - and since I think all parts of the UK are further north than Seattle, the views were probably much better.     

No comments:

Post a Comment