Thursday, April 21, 2016

The why

So why have I started blogging again?  I think it is mainly because I am absolutely abysmal at keeping in touch with people, and I’ve been asked a few times how am I doing back in Seattle.  This is a seemingly innocuous question, but don’t be fooled.  This is a loaded question that does not warrant a throwaway answer of just “I’m doing OK”.  No, this would be disingenuous and discourteous – I’d rather you judge for yourself the answer from future blogs.  But, put concisely, my answer would be “I’m doing as well as could be expected”.  Ha, I think that is suitably vague and ambiguous!  But I hope to blog almost every day if I can, even if it’s just a sentence or a link to something.  And it could cover anything that happens to be on my mind at that time, no matter how mundane – an event, an observation, a rant, an opinion.  Even if my life is not particularly interesting, it is at least an interesting time to be in the US (politically) and I have got plenty of thoughts to share on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment