Sunday, April 24, 2016

Celebrity deaths

David Bowie, Prince, Alan Rickman, Ronnie Corbett, Victoria Wood, Paul Daniels, etc.  Is 2016 just gearing up to be a tragic year for celebrity deaths?  Or does the prevalence of "celebrity" in our society now mean that we shouldn't be shocked by this? I don't know - but it won't stop me feeling a little sense of loss when somebody dies who has had some impact on my life, even if it's very minor or incidental.  I could easily use this as an excuse to list a few more celebrities who I think (or hope) might pass away in the rest of the year, but that seems a bit tacky and overdone.  Instead, I'll just mention another celebrity who passed away who might have got overlooked - Guy Hamilton.  As any Bond aficionado knows, this is sad news indeed.  Director of many Bond films, I recommend you re-watch Goldfinder or Live and Let Die in his memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment