Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sucker

I use the service center at my local Ford dealer for my car maintenance and repair.  I shouldn't.  My car is no longer under warranty, so there is no point in taking it to a place which overcharges and has terrible customer service.  This is the place that I took my car to a few months ago to investigate the coolant smell I was occasionally detecting - but they couldn't find anything wrong, didn't do anything to the car, yet still charged me for the time and labor.  So, like the sucker I am, I took it there again today.  Actually, this was something of a necessity this time - there was a safety recall that I wanted them to address, plus a potential transmission issue I was having (shuddery acceleration) related to a previous safety recall.  I guess that serves me right for getting a Ford Fiesta - what with the Fiesta known for its reliability and durability...  But then after having dropped off my car and taken a shuttle home, I never heard back from them.  Knowing that the shuttle only runs up to a certain time, I eventually had to call up and get it back to the service center.  And then found out that they hadn't finished working on my car, that they weren't going to finish today and it is no condition for me to drive back today (the safety recall had something to do with the door latches, so presumably my car is currently in pieces in the garage whilst they fix these issues).  So I'm currently driving a rental car - which is highly inconvenient (and a very weird car at that - a Chevrolet Spark).  At least they're paying for the rental, but I let myself get roped into paying for insurance for a day and some fuel for it.  And I've got to go out of my way to return the rental tomorrow, assuming my car will be ready by then.  Sucker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment