We are currently under an official heat advisory until tomorrow evening. What does this mean? It's bloody hot. Too hot to go outside during the day, and too hot to get a comfortable night's sleep. I've got both my portable AC units running in my bedroom. It may get quite noisy, but it does make it a bit more comfortable. Though I'm still sleeping on top of my duvet rather than underneath it. There is not a single drop of rain in the forecast until I come back to the UK. Perfect wildfire weather, and we've already started to be affected by wildfire smoke causing hazy skies. The smoke is coming from wildfires in Canada and in the east of the state. It's probably one of the reasons why Trump has increased tariffs on some Canadian goods. Though at this point, everyone knows these tariffs are just stupid and arbitrary - and it's the consumer who suffers.