Friday, July 31, 2026

AFL

We are nearing the end of the regular season of Australian Rules Football.  And I am so disappointed with the US coverage.  They are showing maybe 3 or 4 live games every week.  Which is great.  But the choice of games is so bad.  I am missing out on so many games between contending teams, because they are not being shown in the US.  Instead they are airing games featuring teams who are not in post-season contention, and so who are not playing for anything.  It is nonsensical.  Perhaps it is intentional, perhaps it is not, but I don't recall this being an issue earlier in the season.  But they really should be airing the marquee matchups.  Mind you, I'm going to miss the final 3 weeks of the season whilst I'm back in the UK.  I think I'll try to still record any of the better games, and watch them when I get back.  Unlike English football, it shouldn't be a problem avoiding the AFL scores.