Saturday, October 3, 2026

Printers

Why is setting up printers, and fixing printers when things go wrong, so difficult?  I think they purposely design them to be totally non-user-friendly.  I made the fatal decision to try to connect my printer to my work laptop.  Something I should really have done a long time ago.  Especially working from home.  But it's an old printer, so this did not prove straight forward (when the instruction manual refers to Windows 7, that is not a good sign that the printer will work with newer technology).  It is a wireless printer, and I couldn't get it to connect to my work laptop.  No matter what I tried.  And because I reset the wireless settings on the printer, now my home laptop doesn't recognize it either.  Having wasted most of the day trying to fix this, I finally gave up and instead ordered myself a new printer from Amazon.  A bit disappointed with myself - I should have been able to at least restore it so that I could print stuff again from my home laptop.  But I couldn't even do that.  A lack of tech savviness is a classic sign of getting old...